The Best Platforms to Buy Facebook (Meta) Shares With Their Pros and Cons
Best platforms to buy Facebook (Meta) shares
Facebook (Meta) Shares has been on a free fall in the last couple of months. In fact, the last time it dropped to the point it is now was in 4 years ago. Though most analysts would ask you to go for index funds, but it will be difficult to resist Facebook shares right now.
So most investment Analysts believe that this is therefore the best time to buy Facebook Shares.
However, if you wish to buy it is important you consider which platform you want to buy from. Yes, there are a couple of platforms that offers you the opportunity to buy Facebook Shares, each have their benefits and offerings. So understanding each of the platforms, how they work and what they offer will help you make the best decision.
So today I will do a quick yet detailed analysis of the various platforms. I will show you the pros and cons of trading with each of the platforms and then allow you decide for yourself based on the available information which is best suited for your investment needs.
Best Platforms For Buying Facebook (Meta) Shares
If you are looking to buy Facebook (Meta) Shares your best bet will be any of the following platforms.
J. P. Morgan
Let’s look at each of them to see what they have to offer.
1. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – eToro
eToro is one of the best trading options for stocks and crypto investments. I therefore consider it a viable option for anyone who wants to buy Facebook (Meta) shares.
It was among the first online trading companies to support digital currency trading when it added support for Bitcoin (BTC) in 2014. Shortly afterward, it added support for Ethereum (ETH) and Ripple (XRP).
Today, eToro supports 40+ cryptocurrencies on its popular online trading platform. It also provides an enterprise-grade crypto exchange for professional traders, and offers a multicurrency crypto wallet.
However, it is most ideal if you’re interested in social investing and want access to stocks, ETFs and crypto with low fees. Nevertheless, you may need to look elsewhere if you want to trade for the futures or if you’re looking for a retirement account
Features of eToro
Stock trading fee: $0
Minimum deposit: $10
Sign up bonus: Get $10 – $240 when you sign up and deposit at least $50.
Advantages of Trading on eToro
1. Fractional investing: Buy a fraction of any stock, ETF or crypto with as little as $10.
2. Social trading: Interact with over 25 million other traders and post your own ideas on your feed.
3. CopyTrader: Automatically copy the moves and portfolios of popular traders.
4. Popular Investor: Become a Popular Investor, build your following and get paid for being copied.
5. Access 20 cryptocurrencies: Trade popular cryptos and take custody of the asset, meaning you can transfer your coins to a private wallet.
Disadvantages of Trading with eToro
1. Not available in all states: People in some states can’t trade in actual stock and crypto. The major states affected are Guam, Hawaii, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico.
2. Limited account types: No retirement, 401(k) or joint accounts. All investments are made through a taxable brokerage account.
3. Limited tradable assets: eToro only offers stocks, ETFs and cryptos — no options or mutual funds.
4. No advanced order types: Investors can only buy or sell assets using market orders. Limit orders aren’t available.
You can now buy your Facebook Shares through eToro here.
2. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Sofi
Sofi is another very good platform where one can buy Facebook shares. However, it also have the features that defines it which you should consider to be sure it meets your investment goal.
I consider Sofi to be one of the best platforms for beginner investors in the US who are looking for an intuitive online trading experience and want to open an active or automated investing account, or explore cryptocurrencies. Its limited investment selection and features mean it might not be a good fit for advanced traders though. Unfortunately, this is also only available to US residents.
I would say you should consider Sofi if you want a simple, commission-free trading experience and access to a free robo-advisor. But you will have to look elsewhere if you’re an experienced investor seeking to diversify in bonds, mutual funds, futures or forex trading.
Advantages of Trading with Sofi
1. All-in-one:You can trade stocks, ETFs and crypto or use SoFi’s free robo-advisor in one platform.
2. Multiple account types: Choose from individual brokerage accounts or a traditional, Roth or SEP IRA.
3. Fractional share trading: Invest with as little as $5, or $1 with an automated investment account.
4. Free access to a financial planner: Speak with a certified financial planner to start goal planning, budgeting and more.
5. IPO investing: SoFi offers access to premarket IPO shares before they’re released on a public exchange.
Disadvantages of Trading with Sofi
1. No tax optimization for automated investing: SoFi doesn’t offer tax-loss harvesting.
2. Limited tradable securities: SoFi doesn’t offer bonds, mutual funds, futures or forex trading.
Start trading on Sofi now.
3. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Robinhood
Robinhood started out as an innovative disruptor in the brokerage industry and its brand has since grown to be very popular with tech-savvy investors and new traders. One of its strongest attraction to folks is its no-fee model and sleek, easy-to-use trading experience. Originally, the company’s biggest differentiator was fee-free trading; however, many competitors have since lowered their fees in response. Users can easily trade stocks, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies on the platform.
It however lacks more sophisticated financial tools, asset categories, and research capabilities that advanced traders look for in a broker.
- Account Minimum: $0
- Fees: $0 commissions for stock, ETF, options, and cryptocurrency trading (small markup is priced in)
Advantages of Trading with Robinhood
1. Very simple & intuitive trading experience: This lets investors trade in the market seamlessly. Robinhood leans into its expertise as mobile offering, catering to traders who are looking for basic features that are easy to navigate quickly.
2. No trading fees or commissions: This is the hallmark of Robinhood’s platform. It is Robinhood innovative challenge to the industry, that forced many other brokers to reduce or eliminate their trading fees to remain competitive.
3. Fractional share trading and direct cryptocurrency access: This lets traders expand their investment options. Fractional share purchases can be made with as little as $1, and the dividend reinvestment program (DRIP) automatically reinvests dividends from stocks or ETFs (provided the positions support fractional shares). In the same vein direct crypto access allows traders to buy and sell different coins with ease.
4. Solid cash management features and recurring investment functionality: This helps traders manage their money more seamlessly. An innovative cash card lets users invest rewards earned from purchases. In like manner, interest on cash sweep accounts allow users to earn up to 1.5%. The recurring investment feature is straightforward to set up, allowing users to quickly automate how much they put in the market at a cadence that makes sense for them.
Disadvantages of Trading with Robinhood
1. Limited investment offerings: This prevent users from taking advantage of a wide range of trading strategies and saving towards financial goals.
2. Less Research and educational materials: This is obviously one area critics hold Robinhood down. Competitors are doing better here. And it makes it difficult for traders to get the most out of the platform. For example there are no stock or ETF screeners available at all.
4. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Public.com
Consider Public.com if you’re a beginner investor looking for a simple, cost-friendly way to access the markets. Also if you wish to start trading alternative assets it is a place to start.
- Stock trading fee: $0
- Min. deposit: $0
- Sign up bonus: Get a free stock slice worth up to $300 when you sign up for an account and deposit at least $20.
WhatsApp Business Model – Why is It Free?
HOW TO START BRIDAL TRAIN BUSINESS AND MAKE UP TO $2,000 MONTHLY
FIVE PRACTICAL CASE STUDIES WHY YOU NEED FIRST MOVER ADVANTAGE
HOW TO BECOME AN EMAIL MARKETING CONSULTANT
ELON MUSK $11B TAX AND THE LESSONS FOR NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IN 2022
I STARTED COSCHARIS GROUP WITH JUST 200 NAIRA
RETRACTABLE SHOES – AN INNOVATION THAT ALL LADIES CRAVE
Advantages of Trading with Public.com
1. Commission-free trades: Buy and sell stocks and ETFs without commission.
2. Fractional investing: Purchase slices of stocks, ETFs and crypto for as little as $1.
3. Earn stock and crypto: Be rewarded in crypto and free stock by completing in-app lessons about the market and investing.
4. Alternative assets: Invest in art, collectibles, luxury goods and more through the platform.
5. Access to Public.com Premium: For a monthly membership fee, access proprietary data on any stocks.
6. Social investing: Follow other investors, discuss trends, swap strategies and more with Public.com‘s social feed feature.
Disadvantages of Trading with Public.com
1. Limited account lineup: Investors can only open cash accounts. Margin accounts and retirement accounts are unavailable.
2. Limited research tools: You’ll get fundamentals, like company info and key metrics, but won’t get in-depth research or charting tools.
3. Alternative investments are not commission-free: Only stock and ETF trading are free.
5. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Tastyworks
If you’re an experienced stock, options or futures trader looking for a dedicated derivatives trading plaform, tastyworks is worth a look. However, you may want to look elsewhere if you’re a long-term investor.
- Stock trading fee: $0
- Min. deposit: $0
- Sign up bonus: Get $200 in US stocks when you open and fund an account with min. $2,000 for 3+ mos.
Advantages of Trading with Tastyworks
1. Highly-customizable trading platform. Format the platform exactly how you wish to use it.
2. Advanced tools for options and futures traders. Take advantage of charting tools curve analysis and more.
3. Competitive commission structure. No closing commission on options.
4. Educate yourself. Access extensive tutorials, educational resources and live content.
5. Crypto access. Choose from 20+ cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
6. Learn from fellow traders. Gain trading insights from
Disadvantages of Trading with Tastyworks
1. Limited fundamental data. You won’t find tools geared to analysis or stock-specific news on the platform.
2. Complex platform. Trading newbies could be overwhelmed by this sophisticated platform.
3. Not for long-term investors. The platform is laser-focused on derivatives trading and is best suited to options and futures traders.
Here is the link to Tastyworks platform.
6. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Webull
Webull is for investors who want to get into financial markets with no minimum account sizes and commission free trading. It is not a full-services broker, so its customers need a bit of a DIY approach on some aspects of portfolio management. Webull customers have skewed younger than at other brokerage companies. The broker’s no-cost model will also appeal to active traders. In particular, Webull’s free options trading will catch the attention of active options traders because other brokers, even those that have gone to free stock and ETF trades like Schwab, continue to charge commission on each leg of options trades.
- Account Minimum: $0
- Fees: $0 commissions for stock, ETF, options, and cryptocurrency trading (small markup is priced in)
Advantages of Trading with Webull
- No commissions on stocks/ETFs, options, or cryptocurrencies: Everyone wants something for free, and that is exactly what Webull delivers. No commission stock, ETF, option, and cryptocurrency trading is particularly appealing to traders that don’t need their hands held. Lower implementation costs makes it easier for traders to profit off a trading strategy.
- Easy account setup and options approval, and no fees or minimums: The account opening process only takes a few minutes. You will receive account and options trading approval very quickly and it only takes a couple of additional minutes to add your bank account and set up a free ACH transfer. Once the transfer is set up, you can receive buying power on the account even though the fund transfer may not be complete for a few days.
- Free real-time streaming quotes: Webull offers free real-time streaming quotes, and a three month free subscription to Level 2 Advance quotes. The service is Nasdaq TotalView, and it provides a greater depth of bids and asks on a security as well as information showing market depth. There is also auction crossing information for all NASDAQ-NYSE and regional listed stocks on NASDAQ Market Center.
- Fractional shares now available: Webull added fractional shares to their lineup in the last year. This allows investors to purchase a portion of a share based on the dollars they have to invest.2
- Access to extended hours and pre-market trading: Many active traders like to trade the market in the pre and/or extended hour trading periods, and Webull customers have the ability to access these hours. Traders can choose whether they want their orders active during the non-regular trading day times.
Disadvantages of Trading with Webull
- No income on excess cash: Webull customers receive no interest on cash balances in their account. As Webull doesn’t support mutual fund trading, customers can’t proactively invest their unused cash in a money market fund. This may not be too much of an issue in today’s ultra-low short term interest rate environment, but the lost opportunity for generating interest on excess cash might be more noticeable if rates move higher.
- Potential give up on execution due to payment for order flow (PFOF): Webull is able to offer free trading and all its other services because it is receiving payment for order flow (PFOF). This fact may reduce Webull’s price execution quality. The speed and precision that orders are generally filled at today somewhat lessens this as a significant issue for most traders, but day traders and those using other strategies highly dependent on execution quality may be at a disadvantage.
- Limited range of tools for portfolio management: While Webull provides a lot of helpful tools for traders on its platform, the portfolio management tools are lacking. Webull customers are expected to be self-sufficient in making their own investing/trading decisions. There are no daily or intra-day market letters, and no research or analyst reports on stocks outside of aggregated analyst statistics. Webull does not offer financial advisors, recommended portfolios for rebalancing, control of tax lots on sales, or offer a dividend reinvestment program (DRIP).
- No access to fixed income, mutual funds, foreign exchange, or futures markets: Stocks, ETFs, options and cryptocurrencies make up the entire menu at Webull. There are no fixed income investments, mutual funds, international equities, futures, or foreign exchange offerings at Webull. What you see is what you get
7. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – J. P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing is a clear-cut investment platform that is great for beginners looking to learn how to buy and sell investments. More advanced investors, however, may find it lacking in terms of available assets and tools.
- Fees – $0
- per trade
- Account minimum – $0
- Promotion – Get up to $625
Advantages of Trading with J. P. Morgan
App connects all Chase accounts.
No account minimum.
Advantages of Trading with J. P. Morgan
Limited tools and research.
8. Best Platforms to Buy Facebook Shares – Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers (IB) is as sophisticated as it is robust, making it an ideal platform for experienced traders in need of research tools for complex trades. It’s got all of the standards, like stocks, ETFs and options, but also offers access to international stocks and currencies, crypto, bullion — even hedge funds for accredited investors.
It’s tough to talk about IB without praising its extensive features. But this platform truly shines for four distinct reasons:
IB offers an impressive five trading platforms to customers, ranging from a web application to mobile apps to a powerful desktop platform. This allows you to tailor IB to your specific needs as an investor — to use the platform that works best for your investing style and goals.
Interactive Brokers offers a wealth of investment products, including:
- Stocks and ETFs. Trade in 135 markets with zero commissions on US-listed stocks and ETFs.
- Options. Pay $0.15 to $0.65 per options contract, depending on how often you trade.
- Futures. Buy and sell futures in over 35 global markets.
- Currencies. Trade 23 currencies worldwide with a minimum commission of $2.
- Cryptocurrencies. Trade four cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin with commissions starting from 0.18% of trade value, with a minimum of $1.75, but no more than 1% of trade value.
- Mutual funds. Access more than 45,000 funds, including more than 17,000 funds with no transaction fees.
- Hedge funds. SEC-recognized accredited investors and qualified purchasers can invest in hedge funds.
- Bonds. Access more than 1 million bonds worldwide.
- Metals. Tap into London’s bullion market for over-the-counter (OTC) gold and silver.
Advantages of Trading with Interactive Brokers
Here’s what makes Interactive Brokers a powerful platform:
- A platform for every investor. Whether you’re an advanced trader or beginner investor, IB offers a vast collections of trading platforms to fit your needs.
- An extensive range of tradable securities. Unlike most other trading platforms, IB offers nearly every type of asset you could want, from stocks and ETFs to options, futures, metals and cryptocurrencies.
- Wide range of order types. Execute faster trades and limit risk through more than 100 order types and algorithms.
- Low brokerage fees. IBKR Lite lets you trade US-listed stocks and ETFs for free, while IBKR Pro offers competitive pricing for pro-level trading quantities.
- Unmatched margin lending rates. IBKR Pro’s effective margin loan rates are 2.83% to 3.83%, depending on the balance. IBKR Lite rates are 4.83% regardless of balance. These are some of the lowest margin rates in the business.
- Fractional shares. Buy shares of stocks and ETFs with as little as $1, which greatly lowers the barrier to entry.
- Access to foreign stocks. Simply put, most brokers don’t offer access to foreign markets beyond ADRs. IB investors can trade in 150 global markets and have access to a designated global trading platform.
Disadvantages of Trading with Interactive Brokers
But consider these downsides too:
- IB’s smart routing isn’t available to IBKR Lite users. Traders who want the best trade executions will need to go with an IBKR Pro account, which doesn’t include commission-free stock trades.
- Exhaustive security features may bog you down. A common complaint among customers is that IB’s secure login system makes it difficult to log in and stay logged in with full trading permissions.
- Steeper learning curve for some of their platforms. Some of IBKR’s platforms and features require more learning than some other more basic platforms. However, IBKR Lite is built with beginners in mind.
Vuying Facebook shares right now will be a big win for any investor. And with the above platforms you can buy Facebook shares or any other shares and even cryptocurrencies of your choice.
However, each of the platforms goes with its pros and cons.
In summary I would say that:
If you are a beginner that wants to learn the ropes of stock or crypto investments I will say you should go with Sofi or Robinhood
If you are a social investor you go with eToro
For experienced investors go for J. P. Morgan
Index Funds: What They Are and How They Work
How Retail Businesses Actually Make Profit: The Untold Secret
Retail is Tough: The Brutality of Retail Business and Low Profit Margin
Google Business Model: Unmasking The Almighty Hidden Revenue Model
Global Brands That Became More Successful By Changing Their Brand Names
How to Create a Saleable Brand Name in 5 Easy Steps
Where is The Metaverse Mark Promised Us?| Real or Mirage?
6 Reasons Mark Zuckerberg Net Worth Keep Going Down
Oldest Companies in Nigeria as We Mark Nigeria at 62
How Does Venmo Work? – A Complete Explanation of the App